How to cook Chump Chops
Preparation: Brush the chops with 1-2 tbsp oil and season.
Method 1: Pan-frying
- Sear fat-side down in a hot pan until golden and some of the fat has rendered out.
- Fry on both sides for 2-5 mins until cooked to your liking.
- Press down to get a good crust on the lamb chops.
Method 2. Grill
- Put the oiled chops on a grill tray.
- Grill on medium-hot for 5-10 mins, turning halfway.
Method 3: Griddle
- Put fat-side down on a hot griddle or barbecue.
- Cook on both sides for 2-5 mins until cooked to your liking and the fat is golden.
This is the easiest way to cook Chump Chops
A nice way to cook chump chops
8 lamb chump chops
Freshly ground pepper and salt
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
A tbsp of very finely chopped rosemary leaves
1 tbsp of very finely chopped thyme leaves
Steamed spring vegetables, to serve
Season each lamb chop with pepper and salt. Combine the oil and herbs and brush a little on each side of the lamb chops. Reserve remaining oil and herbs. Preheat the pan to moderately hot before adding the chops.
Cook chops on one side until the first sign of moisture appears on the top. Turn, cook further until done to your preference. Turn once only. Test for doneness with tongs. Rare is soft when pressed, medium is springy and well done is very firm.
Remove chops from heat, loosely cover with foil and rest chops for 2-3 minutes before serving. Serve lamb chops drizzled the remaining oil and herbs, accompany with spring vegetables.